Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So Why a Seven?

In the early 2000's I was racing a lot on production bikes. The only problem was that after a year the frames would give out. Either the frames would crack, bottle mounts would pull out, threads on the bb would be toast after constant overhauls, and so on and so forth. At the time sponsorship determined the bike our team would ride. Was there a bike out there that could be ridden and raced into the ground and handle the abuse?

I've always had a thing for handmade bikes. They weren't as popular at the start lines as most uber carbon and aluminum bikes but they still had there place. Right? I remember when Mary McConneloug was schooling guys in the pro and expert class on a steel bike back in the day (at the Lemurian race when it was out at Shasta Dam, and she rode away from me on one of the big climbs.....I thought to myself "She is rad."). Then she was racing on a Seven. She raced the same frame for seasons on end and it held up.

I wanted a bike that would last. I chose Seven and have never looked back.


My ripping singletrack machine

No comments:

Post a Comment