Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hot, Toasty, XC Action

Tom and I headed down for round 2 of the TBF Race Series. It was 100 degrees as the race started. It was fast and everyone settled in as we hit the singletrack. It's been quite sometime since I put in any intensity so what better way than to jump into the fire. I rode the first lap with my friend Pat and we slowly moved up overall. We would end up riding the entire race together. It was smoking hot and muggy on certain sections of the course and I burned through my bottles quickly. Luckily they were giving out neutral bottle feeds every lap. The legs were giving hints of cramping and before I knew it I was out of water on the final lap. The legs cramped on the final steep climb and I lost the spot I had just gained. I had no choice but to shift low and spin in finishing 2nd for the day (6th overall) 15 seconds back in Cat 1. Pat won his Cat 1 class and Tom ended up third in his age group for Cat1. Great race and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment