Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Close Enough

Close call today. Bear and I were riding to a trailhead on the road. The shoulder we were on was wide enough for a drunk soccer mom to drive her Escalade down sideways. Bear was on the right and me to his left just right of the middle of the shoulder. I hate riding on the white line or anywhere near it. There was a lot of traffic and before I knew it a guy in a Prius was way over the white line and barely missed my bars. He was further on the shoulder than the actual lane.

How close?

Too effing close. I put my hands up and yelled "Watch Out!" but the car kept on going totally oblivious that things could have been a lot different.

There was a motorcycle cop passing at the same time and saw me waving my arms and I pointed at the car. He just kept going. Could have been bad if I was an inch to the left of where I was. My guardian angels have been working hard the past few days for sure. %@#$ I hate riding around cars.

Clean shoes after hosing post race

Much better here.

"These are the days we live for" - Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment