Friday, June 18, 2010

Dispelling Rumors

Lately I've been made into something I am not. If you know me I am very uncomfortable talking about myself. If people ask me questions I'll tell them but I don't come out and say it.

Some people feel compelled to tell you how great they are.....like this one guy who I came across riding at Henry Coe and told me he rode at Downieville and actually had photos in his hydration pack he wanted to show me.....or the guy that yells at Bear and asks if we rode at a certain place and that he had so we were nothing.

Remember the children's game where you sit in a circle and begin with a message and whisper it to the next person's ear? Then the message passes around the entire circle and the last person says out loud what they think they heard. That's how rumors get started.




Anyways, here is the lowdown:

Yea:
Raced North American World Cup XCs
Podiums in Expert at NMBS Races and National Championships
Master's World Championship Team 2006 (AKA Master's National Team. Finished 11th, 3rd American)

Nay:
Not a European World Cup Racer (Never said it, never was, and never will be!)


2006 Masters World Championships



Post race 2006 Masters World Championships (Lucky #13)


Breakfast at Baggs with other members of the Worlds Team.

2 comments: