Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Early AM

Well yesterday's tentative plan to ride didn't work out. I was determined to ride so the only realistic option was to go early when (hopefully) everyone was asleep. Today's option: ACOD (A__ Crack of Dawn)

After sleeping a couple hours I woke up and force fed myself a bowl of cereal and headed out. The legs were non compliant but today the mental side won.


It was dark and my vision felt blurry like the photo below. It's difficult leaving a perfectly good pillow at home but I really needed to ride.


Sunlight filtered through and shed some light on the town in the distance.





The sun finally rose and lit up the sky, The wldflowers woke up and were searching for light.


I continued on my way enjoying the ride. It reminded me of getting that sunrise lap at a 24 hour race.



Bear and I were talking about descending fire roads the other day. We both take it easy going down fire roads because we have witnessed some pretty good wrecks by riders getting so aggressive with their riding buddies. Not positive but there isn't much glory in sliding out and crashing on a fire road.


Was riding in the hills over there a few days ago.

Headed home with Sola.....for food and a nap

No comments:

Post a Comment