Sunday, June 13, 2010

FROF: Fire Roads of Fury

Yesterday Brandon, Tom, Bear, and I went for a ride. Brandon is one of the athletes from the high school team I help coach. He's super fast and he and his dad (Tom) love to ride bikes. Bear is always on my rides lately and he's a really good friend of mine.

The route: TGR, Deadwood, LTR, to County Line on up through the burn to H-Ridge.  It's a fun route that has just over 6000 vert over 37 miles.



We stopped off at the Gas N' Gulp in Lewiston to fuel up. They have a board out front for classifieds so if you are in the market for a ham radio there's one for sale. There was also an ad for the Trinity County Bowling Lanes....which I'm not sure if this is some type of kitty club or actual bowling lane.



We continued climbing and I was a hurting unit. I was so slow everyone had time to take a nap before I reached the top of the climbs.



The views were amazing today. The recent winds and rains really cleaned things up. Nice to see some snow capped mountains too.



I have the honor of coaching and training Brandon. He may only be 15 years old but he's got wheels and is super fast.


We finally reached the burn which meant almost done with all the climbing.


The top of the burn is one of my favorite views. You can see Mt. Shasta, Mt. Lassen, Dub-town, and many other peaks.


We finished up the ride dropping down H-ridge. Great ride fellas. We'll have to go do it again soon. After getting home and cleaned up a long nap was on tap. I put on my sexy compression socks (see below) and took a snooze.

2 comments: