Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reflections

Not sleeping much these days. The TTPB (Teeny Tiny Pink Baby) has been having breathing issues and a host of tests are being performed to see what the matter is. It's stressful wondering if she's still breathing or not and makes it difficult to sleep because we want to monitor her.

My mind has been on overdrive confusion. The days are running together and sometimes I wake up wondering where I'm at. These are trying times but I keep pushing forward. Trying times also show who your true friends are. Thanks to those that have called, texted, fed, and messaged to check on us (we truly appreciate your friendship).

I slept two hours last night and got out for another short early ride. Thanks to my Sola for keeping me somewhat sane.


These super early rides get me out before the paper carrier and the sun. Sunrises and sunsets are truly a sight to behold. Today's cycling sunrise reminded me that no matter how bad things are there is still so much beauty in the world....



....and makes me realize how insignificant the most dire problems truly are.....


....that no matter what, the sun will still rise and set everyday....


....and soon the ever passing moment will be upon us.....


...so I'm done wasting my limited time on frivolous things in life....


....putting the important ahead of that which consumes and wastes my time....


....and looking forward to getting back on track....


...with family, friends, and my torrid love affair with singletrack

No comments:

Post a Comment